суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

dell 1600n coupon




Government bureaucracy strikes again.

So, I got my manager to buy me a UPS a while back. That reinforced the fact that I am out now of USB slots on my PC so he told me to go out and buy a USB hub. He said that I should just get paid back with a petty cash claim. "Cool", I sez and go out, buy the item and submit the claim.

Our clerk tells me that since it is a "tech" item, all tech items need to be vetted through our systems guy. Systems guy tells me that I should return the already opened device and resubmit my request through our new e-Procurement system. I tell this story to my manager who is in the habit of using the "emergency" exemption with the staff in his office without any issue, and is annoyed that our staff are not playing ball. Clerk submits question to her boss about it and her boss confirms that systems guy must approve it. Luckily, the systems guy caved in and signed off on it.

And on top of that just as I got back to my desk I got an email from my manager who said (in so many words) that he had over-exceeded his authority in telling me to buy the hub and that in the future we need to go through certain procedures, which apparently nobody has been particularly informed about in the first place.

At the same time, there is a conference coming up in a month that many of us want to attend. I guess I was the first to apply because I was told to fill out certain paperwork which has always been standard, plus the Conference Attendance Approval form, which is new to us. The problem is that this form goes on up to the highest echelons for approval and takes forever to be approved AND this form is actually intended for scientists going to scientific conferences (usually in places like Greece or Sweden or Brasil). All our local high-end people didnapos;t think the form was necessary and apparently so were the bureaucrats in the end.

As a bonus I did some sucking up to the clerk and the systems guy since they make it all work and you NEED to have them on your side. :)

This has probably been the more boring LJ entry I have ever posted.


dell 1600n coupon, dell 1600n compatible toner cartridge, dell 1600n cartridges, dell 1600n cartridge, dell 1600n.



Комментариев нет: